logo logo

Stone Crusher Summer

A stone quarry was opened by frank bauer and august sterr.They had purchased the land 3 acres from mrs.John zehern.They built a stone crusher on this property near the railroad track.The crusher was able to load railcar gondolas.They probably built it to ship crushed stone to the steel mill in mayville.In 1898 they had 20 men employed.